Send your comics to Viz!

Дмитрий Марков
Предводитель

Send your comics to Viz!

Сообщение Дмитрий Марков »

This is good news for aspiring creators, and it also signals an interesting new direction: Viz is accepting submissions for original comics.
http://www.mangablog.net/
VIZ Media is currently accepting submissions and pitches for original comics. Keep in mind that all submissions must be accompanied by a signed release form.
VIZ MEDIA, LLC
Pitch Submission Release
[ORIGINAL COMICS PROGRAM]
TO: VIZ Media, LLC
Attn: Original Comics (ES)
P.O. Box 77010
San Francisco, CA 94107
Dear VIZ Original Comics Department:
This Original Comics Pitch Submission Release (the Submission Release) applies to the unique creative
work (and any and all related materials) that I orally or otherwise submit, disclose or present (the
Submission) to VIZ Media, LLC. I understand that each unique Original Comics Pitch requires a
separate Submission Release. In exchange for VIZ Medias (henceforth: you, your) willingness to
review and evaluate the Submission for possible inclusion in its Original Comics Program, and for other
good and valuable consideration the receipt and adequacy of which is hereby acknowledged, the
undersigned (Submitter, I, me, my) agrees as follows:
1. I hereby grant you the right to review the Submission as part of VIZ Medias original comics
development program (the Program). I acknowledge and agree that you have no obligation to use or
exploit the Submission or to include it in the Program. If you, in your sole discretion, desire to pursue the
Submission, we will then discuss a written contractual agreement for commercial use of the Submission on
terms you and I later agree upon. But I agree that you will have no obligations to me whatsoever by reason
of your use of elements of the Submission that are in the public domain, commonly known or available, or
otherwise not new or novel, or which are identical or strikingly similar to materials that originated with you
or others before or after the date of my Submission or were otherwise not actually copied from the
Submission. I also recognize that you are in the business of developing, distributing, and licensing existing
and new ideas and materials. I also recognize that a submission from one person may be identical or
strikingly similar to materials received from another person, and that the coincidental similarity may lead to
costly litigation even though there is no obligation arising from coincidental similarity.
2. I have retained the original of the Submission; in your sole discretion, you may destroy or return
the enclosed or attached materials, which are copies of the Submission, and I release you from any liability
for their loss or damage.
3. I represent and warrant to you that the Submission is original with me, and that no persons other
than those who have signed this Submission Release have collaborated with me in creating and developing
the Submission.
4. All rights and remedies arising out of a submission shall be limited to those rights and remedies
existing under the privacy, copyright, trademark and other laws of the United States and this Submission
Release is subject to the laws of the State of California, where VIZ Media is based.
5. All controversies arising out of or in any way relating to the Submission will be settled by final
and binding arbitration that will take place in San Francisco, California, pursuant to the rules of the
American Arbitration Association under strict confidentiality. The arbitration will be conducted by a single,
neutral arbitrator, or, at the election of either VIZ Media or myself, three neutral arbitrators, appointed in
accordance with the applicable rules referred to above. The award of the arbitrator(s) shall be enforceable
according to the applicable laws of the State of California. If the arbitrator(s) shall only make an award to
me, it shall only be in the form of damages, with the maximum amount of $2,000 in the aggregate. I agree
that I must initiate any arbitration under this Submission Release within one year from the date I learned or
should have learned that you have used the Submission without my consent. I agree that my failure to
timely initiate an arbitration will be deemed an irrevocable waiver of any and all claims I might have
against you and will bar me from ever asserting those claims in the future.
6. I represent and warrant that the Submission is entirely original to me and that I have read each and
every word of the foregoing and that I am at least 18 years old and an adult in my state or province of
residence.
7. This Submission Release constitutes our entire understanding, and my signature and the signature
of any person who has collaborated with me in the creation or development of the Submission shall
constitute agreement to the terms and conditions set forth herein and will be binding on our respective heirs,
successors and assigns. All materials unrelated to this Submission must be accompanied by a separate
Submission Release. This Submission Release may be changed only by a written instrument signed by you
and me. The invalidity of any provision of this Submission Release shall not affect the remainder.
8. This Submission Release should be signed below by all involved parties who have indicated
percentage share of ownership; total ownership should equal 100 percent. [Room is provided for four
individuals. Use additional copies of this document if other names should be added.]
I confirm that I understand and agree to all of the terms and provisions of this Submission Release.
Submitters Signature: _________________________
Date: _____________________
Printed Name: _____________________________________
Project Name: _____________________________________
Percentage share: _______________________
Role in Creative Authorship: ________________________________
Physical Mailing Address: _________________________________________
Email address: ___________________________
Phone number: __________________________
Phone number: _________________________
Прямая ссылка: http://www.viz.com/about/contact/comics/
Не смотри на жизнь так же мрачно, как она на тебя! :p
Tzratzk
Старец-основатель

Сообщение Tzratzk »

многа букаф.
Дмитрий Марков
Предводитель

Сообщение Дмитрий Марков »

VIZ Media Talks About Relaunch of Original Comics / Manga
Q: What kind of work are you looking for? Are you looking for comics geared toward a particular audience segment (e.g. teens, kids, adults?) or any particular art/story style?

Eric Searleman: "That's simple: we're looking for good comics."
http://manga.about.com/b/2009/10/09/qa- ... -manga.htm
Не смотри на жизнь так же мрачно, как она на тебя! :p
Ответить